Tuesday, June 27, 2006

i have this ear infection problem that's recurring. i get it a few times a year. i normally do not like going to the doctor to get the proper medication. i'll just let it fester and hope that it'll heal by itself. it never does :=(

i went to my usual indian lady doctor this afternoon to have it checked out. if you know me well enough, you'll realise that it's hurting beyond what my threshold of pain can bear.

doctor: what's the problem? fever ah?

me: no. it's my ear again. it's infected and is very painful

doctor: come, let me see

she takes out that contraption to look into my ear and shoves it HARD into my ear

me: AARRGHHH!!!

doctor: pain ah?

me: *gritting my teeth and wanting to slap the stupid woman in the face* yup. it hurts like hell

doctor: sorry ah. how long already?

me: about a week (it was more like two weeks, i was lying thru my gritted teeth)

doctor: why now only come?

me: i was away

doctor: oh, ok. i give you antibiotics, you must finish ah, the antibiotics. and pain killers and ear drops lah. the ear drops after you put must lie down with your ear facing up to let it drip in, if not it will flow out

me:
ok. same lah like the last time

doctor: yeah, you always get this. see, you had it in september and february before that

me: yeah, i know

doctor: you need me to write you medical chit?

me: no, no it 's ok. no need


my ear now hurts MORE than before i went to see the stupid doctor. it feels like my brains are throbbing. you know, the kind of pain that makes you want to punch something or someone? no points for guessing who i really feel like punching.

2 Comments:

Blogger LLopez said...

Corey, I'm sorry that you're not feeling well. I can only imagine the pain because Ryan used to have constant ear infection and bless his heart, he was in so much pain until he had a surgery where his Pediatrician puts 2 itty bitty tubes in his ears to prevent blockage; which causes the infection. From my understanding, they do this to grown ups too. So if I were you, I'd check with the doctor if this can be done and that you can be pain free forever. The tubes are so small, you could barely notice they're in there. In time, it'll fall off by itself. The downside is, you won't be able to swim for few months. Hope you'll feel better soon.

27/6/06 20:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi leen,

thanks for the suggestion. must go check it out. but then, knowing me, i'll put it off til the next time i get an ear infection.

poor ryan. i know how bad it hurts and i can imagine a very young boy going thru that horrific pain. i'm glad that his infections have cleared up now with the surgery.

1/7/06 15:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home