Sunday, June 11, 2006



my youngest bro-in-law got married recently and my other sista-in-law and i wore sarees to the wedding reception. my hubsterman normally ties my saree, so this time around he's tying BOTH our sarees. i've not worn a saree in a long time, so he's a bit rusty. but he did manage to do it pretty decently for us.

when we reached the cocktail reception area, all my hubsterman's aunties was making noise that my saree was too short and the pleats were facing the wrong way.

auntie saro: your saree too short lah. not nice

me: aiyoh auntie, cannot too long lah. i cannot walk, scare i trip lah

auntie saroo: NOT NICE LAH!

me: never mind, it's ok


elena: eh, your saree a bit short lah, shoe somemore not matching

me: i know, i know. i scared i trip and fall on my face

elena: really ah?


auntie mary: so short your saree! your pleats also facing wrong way!

me: really ah? never mind lah. it's ok one. i not getting married today mah. everybody looking at the bride only

auntie mary: cannot. cannot. must tie properly. got clip your mundani or not?

me: no lah, no safety pin

auntie mary: wait, wait. i go ask and see who has safety pin. then follow me to the toilet, i tie for your all

me: aiyah, never mind lah, no need

auntie mary: no, no must


so there the three of us go into the ladies to have our sarees properly tied and the mundanis nicely pleated and pinned.

2 Comments:

Blogger LLopez said...

I thought you looked gorgeous in the saree!!!

20/6/06 01:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why, thank you =)

*blushes*

20/6/06 23:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home