Wednesday, May 17, 2006

i had 2 visits to town recently. i never really like going to the city unless i really, really have to. like for appointments, events and 'absolutely-have-to-buy-and-can-only-get-it-in-town' kind of instances. a week or so ago my mumzie-in-law told hubster that she's bought me some clothes for zach's (me bro-in-law) upcoming nuptials (the family has this kind of funny routine where all family members must wear clothes of a certain colour theme. they did the same with my sis-in-law's wedding). mumzie-in-law asked for me to go pick it up quicky quickly, just in case it doesn't fit and must alter lah. when we went over last friday, it turns out to be CLOTH, not CLOTHES! i have to go to the freaking tailor smack in the middle of town. NOOOOO!!

anyways, i dutifully went to town on saturday by me own self. took the KTM komuter trains and the LRT. la-di-da, la-di-da.

guess what?? i forgot to bring the stupid cloth.

had to call mama to ask her where she bought the dang thing. had to spend moolah just to buy my own cloth. ISH!!

guess who calls on wednesday?

phone rings


hubster: nah, your phone

me: who is it?

hubster: dunno. don't recognise the number

me: aiyoh, i busy lah

hubster: quickly! i picked up the call already

me: hello?



~the conversation below is actually in bahasa malaysia. translated into manglish~


voice on phone: this is tailor lah

me: oh, kak ida

tailor: ah. correct, correct. eh, your cloth out of shape lah

me: huh? whaddya mean?

tailor: out of shape lah!

me: how out of shape?

tailor: the embroidered ends don't meet together lah. if use this to sew, then your kebaya will be lopsided

me: so how?

tailor: must take the cloth go change lah

me: so, will you change it for me, or do i have to go there and change it myself?

tailor: must change lah!

me: ya lah. who takes the cloth to change?

tailor: tsk tsk, where did you buy the cloth?

me: at arked lah

tailor: ya lah, then you must go and change lah, how do i know which stall you buy from

me: that means i must take the cloth from you and go change is it?

tailor: of course lah


i'm fuming here cos it took her so long to tell me that one simple fact. doubly fuming cos i have to make another unnecessary trip down town. didn't even get this much hassle for me own wedding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home