Wednesday, May 10, 2006



went to the mall with hubster to grab some stuff this evening. as we were going down the escalator, hubster wondered how much a PS2 costs nowadays. as we couldn't afford a trip to bali (still in debt, spent loads moving into our new home), we might just be able to afford a PS2.

hubster: i want to buy PS2. will i lose you to it? (i'm a gaming fanatic. i'll forget everything if i start playing. but that was sometime back. i'm SURE i have more self control now...)

me: aiyoh! dunno lah. just ask lah, how much now?

hubster: can also

me: there, got shop down there wat. go and ask lah.

hubster: they are asking 699 for it

me: like dat ah. come, go to the shop upstairs. it's a PS and xbox shop. maybe get better deal

hubster: was planning to go there to ask as well


at the 2nd shop


me: how much does a fully modified PS2 cost?

dude: 499

me *whispering to hubster*: oi, 499 only lah here. how?

hubster: got free game thrown in or not? how many?

me: got games or not?

dude: got. 15

me *with a glim in my eyes*: wah!

hubster: ok lah

me: ok, we'll take it

dude: cash is it?

me: ya lor

dude: ok. choose your games from that side

me: make sure get football one and racing one


hubster straightaway whip out his phone and calls his boss and ask for good games to recommend


dude: want to upgrade or not? china chip 650, french original 750

me: what does that mean?

dude: get 100% lor. also got 6 regions lor. if heavy duty play, then go for original lah

hubster: ok, we'll go for the original. brian (his boss) laughed at me lah

me: why?

hubster: he says now can get into the PS2 talk as well

me: really ah? you fellas ah......

hubster: i'm going to the atm to get some cash. i've chosen some games, you choose some also lah

me: ok

me: ay, this game got ham sap one ah?

dude *with raised eyebrows*: no, no, no. this one you have to answer questions to proceed to next level one. that one got bit bit lah

me: got ah? nice to play or not? you got mah jong one or not?

dude: got one only

me: this one got ah moi in bikinis. ham sap mah jong ah?

dude: no lah! it's mah jong game only

me: is it in chinese ah? i dunno how to read chinese lah

dude: ya, in chinese. but bit bit only. you just play, sure can understand one

me: sure or not? don't bluff me. i come back and change one if you bluff me

dude: no bluff one


hubster came back with the cash


hubster: how much one memory card

dude: 80

hubster: ok, i want one

dude: you want original controller or not? just trade in lah, 50 for one

me: ok, the other one no feeling lah. original better. i'll pay for it

hubster *grinning from ear to ear*: thank you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home