Friday, May 12, 2006

went over to my in-laws' place to give mumzie-in-law her mothers' day prezzie. hubster got work over the weekend, cannot go on sunday. as we were nearing the house, my bro-in-law, zach's car passed us on the other side of the road, and the driver honked. we thought it must be zach or mumzie who was driving. when we got to the house, it turns out no one was home, only a gardener doing some clearing work on the front lawn (daddy vincent has a green thumb, loves gardening).

me: you got the house key or not?

hubster: got, got

me: where did everyone go? was that zach or mama driving?

hubster: dunno lah, didn't see


at that moment, zach's car pulled up the front and daddy vincent was driving!! daddy vincent had a tumour in his abdomen, and had his whole stomach and spleen removed late last year. he was very weak for a long time. didn't even leave the house for yonks. hence the surprise of seeing him driving alone.

daddy: i'm just going to the LRT station to pick up mama. you all go in first

hubster: ok

me: think i'll call joshua (my other bro-in-law) to see if they are free later

*take out handphone and dial*

josh: hello?

me: eh, you all free later ah?

josh: we're going for kanna curry house for lunch, join us lah

me: can, can. we're in bangsar house now, waiting for mama to come back

josh: oh, you're in bangsar ah? izan (josh's wife) went to town with mama

me: yes ah? daddy's gone to pick them up from the LRT station

josh: ok lah then. when they come back, just come back with izan and we all go together lah

me: can oso

me: eh hubster, we're going for banana leaf with josh all afterwards

hubster: oh yes ah? can oso



daddy comes back with mama, izan and demi (josh's & izan's kid).


mama: took izan to the tailor to get her measurements for the baju for zach's wedding. nah, here's yours. must go to the tailor to make lah

me: oh what's this? make what baju?

mama: kebaya lah

me: where's the tailor?

mama: wisma yakin, at...at...at...

me: oh, i know where wisma yakin is. at masjid india right?

mama: yes, yes, when are you free, i take you there

hubster: no need lah, we tailor near our house. so far lah to go wisma yakin

mama: eh, make at this place cheap you know. 60 ringgit only

hubster: near our house also around there wat

mama: cannot be. near your place sure expensive one

me: where in wisma yakin is it? upstairs ah?

mama: no, no. downstairs. it's called "sahaja"

me: in wisma yakin itself? ground floor?

izan: yeah, yeah. downstairs. can see from the corridor

me: oh, maybe i go on monday lah

mama: you come here, then i take you there

me: no lah ma. troublesome lah. i take the LRT straight from my place easier

mama: ok lah. i'll call the lady to tell her my other daughter-in-law is coming. the tailor's name is ida

me: ok lah

izan: mom, i open your handbag ah? show her the receipt

mama: ah, take lah


izan shows me the receipt and it turns out to be "sahjaya" and not "sahaja"


hubster: how much for the cloth and my clothes all? must pay you back

mama: eh, no need lah. present. present for the wedding from mama. actually daddy paid

me: wah! got present oso. how come for zabrina and jason's, josh and izan's got no present one??


hubster nudges me at this point.


me: joking only lah. thanks dad, for the present


after all the la-di-da about zach and emelia's coming nuptials, hubster, izan, mouse (that's our nickname for demi) and i all gether-gether go back to josh and izan's place. banana leaf here we come!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home